— Beana's work has covered a lot of ground, figuratively and metaphorically.
— Previous Employers
Sterling College, Way Out Wax, Swarovski North America, Swarovski Elements Asia Pacific, Swarovski Elements Global, Higher Ground, Away.com, Adventurous Traveler Bookstore...
— Industry Experience
Higher Education, Sustainable Agriculture, Natural Food, Manufacturing, Luxury Fashion, Gems & Minerals, Interior Design, Corporate Gifts & Private Label, Costume Jewelry & Watches, eCommerce, Music, Service & Hospitality
— Photos Published In
Village Voice, Theme Magazine, Time Out Hong Kong, Modern Farmer, Scientific American, Seven Days, Huffington Post, Bon Appetit, Pitchfork, Sky Europe, Yankee Magazine, The Advocate...
- B.A. in Economics 2007 - City University of New York Bernard Baruch School of Business
- Master Blaster - The School of Hard Knocks
- Shamanic Apprenticeship Level I - Indigenous Roots Institute with Sierra McFeeters
20+ years experience in operations, sales, marketing and strategy. Working experience in the Americas, Europe & Asia from product development and global operations to sales, project management, web design and all the marketing functions. Creative problem solver who pairs innovative strategies with skillful implementation that consistently results in a track record of positive impact to the bottom line, operational efficiency, team structures and the achievement of goals.
Integrative Business Coach, Beana Bern Consulting
March 2018 - Present | Glover, Vermont
- Design & facilitate inspiring and useful workshops for aspiring or existing business owners
- Provide one-on-one conscious business coaching to individuals, teams or organizations
- Project management for businesses or organizations within the realm of operations, sales & marketing
Chief Enrollment Officer, Sterling College
September 2015 - March 2018 | Craftsbury Common, Vermont
- Under the direct supervision of the President, the Chief Enrollment Officer (CEnO) provides leadership, strategic enrollment planning, oversight of student recruitment and related retention strategies, and collaborates with other College leaders in establishing strategic enrollment plans and objectives.
- Provideed oversight to recruitment, admissions, financial aid, and institutional marketing functions. The CEnO is responsible for directing staff efforts and managing on-going operations to meet enrollment objectives balancing business-minded and mission-focused approaches.
- Advocated for institutional expenditures and investment of resources that promote enrollment management outcomes.
- Responsible for coordinating program-specific marketing and the development and use of multi-platform marketing to provide effective communication to prospective students, parents and influencers; and assesses the impact of key marketing and recruiting activities.
- Developed, implemented and monitored the budget for the department of enrollment management. Ensured compliance with federal and state regulations, where appropriate.
Director of Marketing, Sterling College
September 2015 - March 2018 | Craftsbury Common, Vermont
- Developed and implemented a new brand strategy for the college with the launch of the new website.
- Worked to implement and update the strategic recruitment strategy for Sterling BA programming.
- Oversaw the implementation of the Marketing strategy - including all campaigns, events and digital marketing.
- Worked closely with Admissions; enabling them to meet their recruitment objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations
- Managed social media presence to improve reputation and increase brand awareness.
- Developing and delivering marketing and communications strategies for the organisation.
- Undertook continuous analysis of the competitive landscape and trends in higher education marketing.
Digital Content Manager/Staff Photographer, Sterling College
September 2014 - Sept 2015 | Craftsbury Common, Vermont
Shot, edited, curated & archived a vast library of still and moving images from all corners of Sterling College's operations for use within digital and print collateral
Conceptualized, designed and launched a Sterling blog along with an editorial calendar to solicit faculty, staff and students to contribute
Launched new and fortified existing social media platforms, increasing engagement and followers substantially
Director of Sales & Business Development, Way Out Wax
January 2013 - September 2014 | North Hyde Park, Vermont
Drive strategic marketing and operational activities including but not limited to rebranding and new visual identity for the core product line, development of additional product lines including processes for Private Label and Special Productions that are geared at both growing overall sales & profit
Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans geared at sustaining and growing sales within existing and new market sectors including responding to request for proposals (RFPs) and customer inquiries and proactive, solutions-oriented concept development.
Direct management of the In-House Sales Team and external partner network increasing performance, efficiency and overall quality of service including the implementation of a new CRM system to better monitor and track opportunities and analyze data
Ad hoc consulting within the business and among its partners on a diverse range of topics including but not limited to infrastructure, production processes, innovation development and strategic partnerships.
Director of Strategic Operations, Americas, Swarovski
January 2012 - January 2013 | New York, New York
Key driver of the strategy process within the Americas that included organizational development, budget processes, priority setting, key performance indicators, best-practice sales approaches, reporting methodologies and overall sales strategy ensuring alignment & effectiveness of local, regional & global business plans for 2012.
Exceeded 15mEUR in global sales in 2012 via the development of strategic global account plans, effective integration of the Global Account Management infrastructure into the North American sales team and intense collaboration and lateral management of the global sales organization & Central Marketing.
Architected a strategy that will reduce dependency on wholesalers by ~30%, effectively moving closer to end consumers and B2B customers and increasing overall profitability and business impact. Developed the project plan that will facilitate implementation of this approach over a 3 year period.
Managed the integration plan for a 30mEUR acquisition beginning with route-to-market analysis and culminating in a comprehensive sales strategy and risk assessment. Coordinated an extensive internal & external project team supporting the commercial due diligence phase that resulted in a decision not to move forward with proposed acquisition and directed the approach instead towards cultivating strategic partnerships.
Jointly developed a proprietary Market Transparency Tool & methodology with external consulting firm (McKinsey) and guided the Executive Team through the subsequent reorganization and process revisions that were needed to leverage the output of the tool and improve sales efficiency.
Developed the organizational strategy for Global Solutions Management and supported its integration into line business globally resulting in a lean & effective enabling organization that will support the growth of >30mEUR global sales in 2013.
Global Solutions Manager, Swarovski
April 2011 - January 2012 | New York, New York
- Dual role that drove the development of the global account management infrastructure and processes within the Americas while simultaneously harmonizing the global CRM system (Sage Sales Logix) to allow for broader roll-out across all regions. Effective management of >40 interface partners and stakeholders worldwide built a loyal coalition and fostered effective collaboration within the global sales organization.
- Primary driver of Global Account Management within the Americas, established a new business model while strengthening relationships across regions. Built North American GAM business from zero to 5 mEUR within 1 year. Diplomatic management of organizational and operational changes incurred when shifting from single, local account management to the long-term approach of global account management resulted in a new organizational structure, revised processes and new sales paradigm suited for a global business environment.
- Steward of the CRM systems (Sales Logix, GAM Tool) in conjunction with Corporate & Regional IT supporting alignment of global sales activities and ensured developments, interfaces, support & training were implemented & optimal. Successfully managed the migration of 14 independent databases into 1 global server vastly improving database performance and reporting accuracy.
- Founding member and key driver of “Global Solutions Management” which provided consultative support to Top Management on all topics pertaining to Global Account Management and constructed a strategy to integrate the approach into line business
International Business Development Manager, Swarovski
October 2009 - April 2011 | Hong Kong S.A.R.
- Conceptualized and illustrated a new business model that would effectively manage and measure the complex global supply chains common within the B2B environment for ingredient brands. Tactical sharing of the approach within Top Management resulted in a rapid transfer to Hong Kong where a project team was assembled to realize the approach.
- Architected a 3 pillar project plan encompassing development of a technical tool, working processes and performance management and successfully led a cross-regional project team to realize the approach. Built a coalition within Top & Middle Management to foster efficient collaboration. Completed the project on time and under budget resulting in a new department, Global Solutions Management Department, and a new global CRM tool for the global organization.
- Fostered effective collaboration between the North American and Greater China sales organizations supporting the development of long term strategies to support joint business. Lateral and cross-regional management of both sales teams resulted in the first ever joint management of shared accounts and an increase in global sales for these regions.
- Cultivated relationships with decision-makers, C-level management and senior management within key global accounts to support strategic account development and test the GAM approach. Maintenance of those relationships generated steady sales and supported increased penetration laying a foundation for continued partnership.
Product Manager, Crystal Pearls, Swarovski
August 2007 - October 2009 | Wattens, Austria
- Management of >8mil EUR product line along the entire product-life cycle and development of global product strategy
- Management of product innovation, product development and global launch strategies. Development and launch of 2 best-performing innovations contributing >10% of the product line’s sales turnover within the first year. Responsibility for global pricing strategy and achievement of global budget
- Ad hoc project management leading cross-functional teams to analyze new assortments, develop proprietary technology to support legal action for copyright infringement and other topics.
Executive Assistant & Sales Analyst, Swarovski
February 2001 - August 2007 | New York, New York
Develop sales, segment & budget reporting processes. Including automation, analysis, maintenance & distribution to Senior Management.
Analytical, administrative and ad hoc support of VP sales and Management Team.
Plan and facilitate 3 regional sales meetings yearly
Manage network of 3 North American sales showrooms maximizing sample stock availability, controlling inventory and costs and functionally leading 2 Showroom Coordinators.
January 1999 - January 2001 | Burlington, Vermont
- Management of $250k inventory including all contract negotiations with publishers ensuring a >85% fill rate
- Highest grossing Sales Representative in 1998
Bartender & Server
January 1995 - Present
Co-founder & Front-of-House Manager - NEK Supper Club
Bartender/Cocktail Waitress - Higher Ground
- Dining Room Manager/Waitstaff - Carburs Restaurant
- Waitstaff - Sou'Wester Steak House